A. former name retained.
(SP-144: dp. 38; l. 75'; b. 16'; dr. 3'4"; s. 9 k.; a. 1 3-pdr.)
Howarda, a wooden yacht, was built in 1913 by the Essington Company of Pennsylvania, and acquired by the Navy 11 June 1917 from her owner, H. S. Kerner, of Boca Grande, Fla. She commissioned at Key West 19 June 1917.
Assigned to the 7th Naval District, Howarda was based at Egmont Key and patrolled waters in the Gulf of Mexico and Tampa Bay. The boat served as guard boat and section patrol craft until being stricken from the Navy List and offered for sale 31 March 1919. Later withdrawn, Howarda was transferred to the Department of the Treasury for Coast Guard use 1 July 1919.