A former name retained.
(SP-2200: dp. 230; l. 92'; b. 22'; dr. 11'S"; s. 12 k.; a. 2 2-pdrs., 1 mg.)
Howard Greene (SP-2200), a steam harbor tug built in 1917 by the Baltimore S.B. & D.D. Co., Baltimore, Md., was purchased by the Navy 11 February 1918. While serving as a district tug at the Washington Navy Yard, she was renamed Catawba (q.v.) and classified YT-32 20 July 1920. Ordered to Norfolk 18 July 1922, the tug served in the Hampton Roads area until 1933 when she was transferred to Charleston, S.C.
Reclassified YTM-32 on 15 May 1944, she operated out of Charleston Harbor through World War II. Catawba was placed out of service 20 August 1946, transferred to the Maritime Commission 26 December 1946, and sold to Lockwood Bros., Charleston, S.C.