(Tk: dp. 14,530; l. 453'; b. 56'; dr. 26'; dph. 33'6"; s. 11 k.; cpl. 67)
Hoven, a tanker, was built by the Bethlehem Ship Building Co., Sparrows Point, Md.; and commissioned there 16 May 1919, Lt. Comdr. Alexander MacKenzie in command.
After loading fuel oil at Bayonne, N.J., the tanker sailed for Europe on 23 May, reaching Horta, Azores, on 31 May and continuing on to Brest on 5 June. At both ports she refueled American warships, and then returned to New York on 22 June. Hoven sailed to Port Arthur for fuel oil and from 22 July to 9 August transited the Atlantic to Brest. She returned to New York on 31 August and decommissioned there 8 September 1919. Hoven was delivered to the USSB the day she decommissioned. Hoven was sold to Beacon Oil Co., Boston, Mass., in 1927 and renamed Beacon Hill.