An Indian word meaning "Mr. Shoulders". (YTB-506 :l.100'; b. 25'; 9'7")
Hombro (YTB-506), a large harbor tug, was launched by Commercial Iron Works, Portland, Oreg., 1 May 1945, and placed in service 7 July 1945. She operated in the 13th Naval District, based at Seattle, Wash., until being placed in reserve out of service in July 1947 at Tacoma, Wash. She remained in reserve for 17 years.
In September 1964 the tug was called back to active service and at present operates in the 12th Naval District at San Francisco. Hombro was reclassifled YTM-769 in March 1966.