A former name retained.
(SP-783: dp. 24; l. 75'; b. 10' ; dr. 4'; s. 14 k.;)
Hobo II, a motor boat, was built by Elco Co.,Bayonne, N.J., in 1905, and was acquired from her owner, J. S. Melcher of New York City, 23 June 1917. She commissioned at Boston, Mass., 24 August 1917, Boatswain G. R. Hadlock in command.
Hobo II was assigned to the 1st Naval District as a patrol craft, operating out of Bar Harbor, Maine, on harbor patrol. She was transferred to Boston, Mass., 21 January 1918, and performed dispatch and general patrol duties until being returned to her owner 17 February 1919.