A former name retained.
(SP-947: l. 45'; b. 6'6" ; dr. 2'6" ; s. 35 k. ; a. l mg.)
High Ball, a wooden motor boat, was built in 1910, acquired from her owner, W. J. Green of Utica, N.Y., 21 May 1917, and commissioned 1 June 1917 at New York Navy Yard.
High Ball was assigned to the 3d Naval District and spent her commissioned service as a tender to Amphitrite in New York Harbor. She was returned to her owner 21 May 1919.