Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Henry P. Williams

 

Henry P. Williams (SP-509) was a converted yacht which served as a minesweeping training craft and patrol boat 1917-18. Built as yacht Illawarra by Bath Iron Works, Bath, Maine, in. 1896, she was originally taken into the Navy in 1898 as Oneida (q.v.).