A former name retained. (SP-385; dp. 254; l. 150'; b. 24'; dr. 9'; -s. 12 k.; a. 1 3")
Henlopen, a wooden fishing vessel, was built in 1912 by W. G. Abbott of Milford, Del. She was acquired from her owner, James W. Elwell & Co., New York City, 12 December 1917 at New York, and commissioned 26 January 1918.
Henlopen was only retained by the Navy for a short time, being transferred 27 March 1918 at New York to France for use as a tug and minesweeper.