A former name retained.
(SP-1292 : dp. 50; l. 66'8" ; b. 18'6" ; dr. 4'9")
Helen Baughman, a schooner, was built by Bowns of Nanticoke, Md., in 1894; and taken over by the Navy in August 1917 from her owner, the Maryland State Conservation Commission.
Helen Baughman was assigned to the 5th Naval District, and was used for patrol of Chesapeake Bay. Based at Deale, Md., she cruised Herring Bay, Tangier Sound and surrounding areas until being returned to her owner 27 November 1918.