A Delaware Indian word meaning "ebb tide." (YT-141: dp. 325; 1.100'; b. 25'; dr. 9'7")
Heekon (YT-141), a diesel-powered tug, was launched by Charleston Navy Yard 29 November 1939; sponsored by Miss Margaret L. Pence; and placed in service 22 Marcl) 1940.
Heekon operated at Washington, D.C., during World War II. She was reclassified YTB-141, 15 May 1944 and YTM-141 in February 1962. Following the war she continued to serve as a harbor tug in the Potomac River Naval Command until being sold in early 1963 to Hughes Bros. & Co., New York