Former name retained. (LHT : dp. 731; 1.165'; b. 28'6" ; dr. 8'; s. 11.5 k.; cpl. 26)
Heather was one of the lighthouse tenders taken over by the Navy 11 April 1917. In addition to performing her regular lighthouse duties she was listed for Pacific patrol along the Washington coast. The tender also partioipatfid in work on submarine nets and drill in mine Saying. Heather was returned to the Lighthouse Service in compliance with an order dated 1 July 1919.