H. A. Baxter
A former name retained. (SP-2285: dp. 87; l. 82'2" ; b. 19'5" ; dr. 9'; s. 12 k.)
H. A. Baxter, a tug, was built in 1889 by John A. Dialogue & Son, Milford, Del.; and acquired by the Navy 15 March 1918 from her owner, Robert Rogers of New York City. The tug was chartered at Norfolk for use as a coal tug, but found to be in need of extensive repairs and returned to her owner 24 April 1918.