Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

H-7

 

(SS-150: dp. 358 (n.) ; l. 150'4" ; b. 15'10" ; dr. 12'5" ;. s. 14 k.; cpl. 25; a. 4 18" tt.; cl. H-1)

 

H.7 (SS-150) was launched at Puget Sound Navy Yard 17 October 1918 and commissioned there 24 October, Lt. Edmund A. Crenshaw in command.

 

The submarine, attached to SubDiv 6 and later to SubDiv 7, operated out of San Pedro on various battle and training exercises with the other ships of her division. She also patrolled out of San Pedro with interruptions for overhaul at Mare Island.

 

H-7 reached Norfolk on 14 September 1922, having sailed from San Pedro on 25 July, and decommissioned there on 23 October 1922. Her name was struck from the Navy List 26 February 1931. She was sold for scrapping 28 November 1933.