Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

H-6

 

(SS-149: dp. 358 (n.) ; l. 150'4" ; b. 15'10" ; dr. 12'5" ; s. 14 k.; cpl. 25; a. 4 18" tt.; cl. H-l)

 

H-6 (SS-149) was launched 26 August 1918 by Puget Sound Navy Yard; and commissioned there 9 September, Lt. Robert P. Lucker in command.

 

As part of SubDiv 6 and later 7, H-6 was based at San Pedro, Calif. From there she operated along the West Coast, participating in various battle and training exercises with her sister submarines. Occasional patrol duty off Santa Catalina Island and overhauls at Mare Island varied this effective training routine.

 

Departing San Pedro on 25 July 1922 with SubDivs 6 and 7, H-6 reached Norfolk on 14 September. She decommissioned there 23 October 1922. H-6 was struck from the Navy List 26 February 1931. She was sold for scrapping 28 November 1933.