Governor R. M. McLane
A former name retained.
(SP-1328: dp. 144; l. 120'; b. 22'; dr. 6'9"; s. 13 k.; a. 1 1-pdr)
Governor R. M. McLane, a steamboat, was built in 1884 by Neafie and Levy, Philadelphia, Pa., and was acquired by the Navy from the Maryland State Conservation Commission in August 1917. She commissioned 6 August 1917 at Norfolk, Va., Ens. S. Earle, USNRF, in command.
Governor R. M. McLane was assigned to the 5th Naval District, and served as a patrol craft in Chesapeake Bay. Her cruising grounds included Baltimore Harbor, the Patuxent and Severn Rivers, and Tangier Sound. During November 1918 she was used briefly as a towing boat by Naval Proving Ground, Indian Head, Md., and was returned to her owner 30 November 1918.