A former name retained.
(Tug: t. 268; l. 120'6"; b. 27'; dph. 8'; s. 10k.)
Glenville, a wooden ferry tug, was built in 1886 by Lawrence and Lolks of Brooklyn, N.Y., and was chartered by the Navy from Portchester Transportation Co., Port-Chester, N.Y. She was delivered at New York 10 April 1918.
Glenville performed general harbor duties in New York harbor and was used as a ferry between New York Navy Yard and Ellis Island until she was returned to her owners 11 September 1919.