George H. Bradley
A former name retained.
(SP-327: t. 99; l. 104'; b. 19'; dr. 10'; s. 9 k.; cpl. 26; a. 11-pdr.)
George H. Bradley, a wood steamer, was built at Bath, Maine, in 1871; purchased by the Navy 18 May 1917 from her owner, Captain Ocran Humphries of Reedville, Va.; and commissioned the same day at Norfolk, Boatswain S. C. Headley, USNRF, in command.
Assigned to the 5th Naval District, George H. Bradley patrolled local waters out of Norfolk until 19 March 1918 when she received minesweeping gear. During the next 3 months she patrolled and swept for mines from Cape Henry to Sea Basque. On 13 June she joined the mine-sweeping squadron in Chesapeake Bay and swept waters from Norfolk Gate to Baltimore Gate. Her name was struck from the Navy List 6 May 1919 when she was sold to her former owner.