A former name retained.
(SP-459: dp. 95; l. 82'; b. 16'; dr. 5'; s. 12 k.; a. none)
Genevieve was a wooden steam yacht build in 1895 at New Bedford Mass.; later converted to use for charter fishing parties; purchased by the Navy 19 September 1918 from F. H. Myer & A. S. Smith of New York; placed in service 19 September and commissioned 9 December 1918, Ens. C. J. Johnson, USNRF, in command.
Genevieve spent her entire career as a water taxi in New York harbor. Assigned to NOTS of the 3d Naval District, she often carried civilian working parties and their gear from dock to dock and ship to shore accommodating up to 73 passengers at a time. She decommissioned 9 August 1919 and was sold 20 November 1919 to Marvin Briggs, Inc., New York.