The first Gypsy retained a merchant name. The second Gypsy was named for a type of small winch.
(SP-55:dp. 22; l. 61';b. 10'3"; dr. 3'6"; s. 11k.)
Gypsy, a motor boat, was built by George Lawley & Sons, Neponset, Mass., in 1912, and was acquired by the Navy 11 May 1917 for use as a section patrol boat. Assigned to the 1st Naval District, she burned while being fitted out 20 June 1917, and was struck from the Navy List 23 November 1917.