A former name retained.
(SP-600: b. 13'; sp. 12 k.; a. 11 pdr.; 1 3-pdr.)
Gurkha was built in 1915 by Britt Brothers of West Lynn, Mass.; acquired from her owner, Willoughby H. Stuart of Boston on 21 April 1917; and commissioned 22 May. Gurkha served as a coastal and harbor patrol boat at Portland, Maine, until 25 June 1919 when she was transferred to the Coast Guard.