Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval History and Heritage Command homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORY AND HERITAGE COMMAND
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Frank J. Petraca

 

Former name retained.

 

Frank J. Petraca (T-AK-250) was launched on 7 August 1945 by the Consolidated Steel Co., Long Beach, Calif. She was operated by the Army until turned over on 1 July 1950 to Military Sea Transportation Service by whom she was operated with civilian crews. On 9 April 1959 she was assigned to the National Defense Reserve Fleet, but returned on 7 April 1960 to MSTS who continues to operate her.