Former name retained.
(AP: dp. 14,500; l. 429'2"; b. 53'8"; dr. 29'6"; s. 14k.; a. 1 6", 1 3")
Floridian (No. 3875) a troop transport, was built by the Maryland Steel Co., Baltimore, Md., in 1915; acquired from the USSB on 28 January 1919; and commissioned the same day, Lieutenant Commander J. F. Nichols, USNRF, in command.
Floridian was assigned to the Cruiser and Transport Force and designated to carry Army passengers and cargo. She sailed 16 March 1919 from New York and arrived at St. Nazaire, France, on 28 March with supplies for the Army of Occupation. On her return trip, she carried troops to Hoboken, N.J., arriving 17 May 1919. After two more similar voyages, Floridian was assigned to the 3d Naval District on 16 July 1919, decommissioned, and returned to her owners on 4 August 1919.