Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval History and Heritage Command homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORY AND HERITAGE COMMAND
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Felix Taussig

 

Former name retained.

 

(AK: dp. 12,925 (n.); l. 410'6"; b. 55'1"; dr. 27'6"; s. 11 k.; cpl. 62; a. 1 4", 1 3")

 

Felix Taussig (No. 2282), a cargo ship, was built in 1917 by Newport News Shipbuilding Co.; acquired by the Navy 29 August 1918; and commissioned 31 August 1918, Lieutenant Commander C. R. Calhoun in command.

 

Using Philadelphia as her departure port, Felix Taussig made two voyages to Brest, and one to Bordeaux and St. Nazaire, between 17 September 1918 and 1 April 1919. She carried provisions and general cargo for the Army outward bound, and returned in ballast, with some passengers on her last voyage. Decommissioned at Philadelphia 26 April 1919, Felix Taussig was returned to her owners the same day.