Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval History and Heritage Command homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORY AND HERITAGE COMMAND
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Feldspar

 

Former name retained.

 

Feldspar (IX-159), a concrete barge, was acquired by the Navy and placed in service on 11 August 1944. She was towed to the Philippine Islands where she provided Army and Marine Corps supplies. Feldspar was stricken from the Navy List on 28 August 1946 and sold.