Former name retained.
(SP: l. 72'; b. 12'6"; dr. 3'; s. 15 k.; cpl. 7; a. 1 1-pdr.)
Fantana (No. 71), a motor boat, was built by Gas Engine and Power Co., and C. L. Seabury & Sons, Morris Heights, N.Y. in 1902. She was chartered by the Navy and commissioned' on 17 March 1917, Ensign N. B. Wolcott in command.
Fantana was attached to Squadron 8 for patrol and picket duty on stations assigned in the 5th Naval District. On 24 November 1918 her crew was detached and she was towed to Norfolk where on 11 January 1919 she was placed out of commission and returned to her owner.