Express No. 4
Former name retained.
(SP: l. 46'; b. 9'; dr. 2'3"; s. 17 k.; cpl. 7; a. 1 1-pdr.)
Express No. 4 (No. 745) was free leased to the Navy and commissioned on 2 July 1917, Boatswain H. C. Wilson, USNRF, in command, for service in the Naval Coast Defense Reserve. She was assigned duty in the 2d Naval District, but engaged in patrol of Atlantic coastline as far south as Florida. Following decommissioning, she was stricken from the Navy List on 23 January 1919 and returned to her owner.