Former name retained in part.
(Sch: t. 150; a 1 gun)
The sailing ship Eugenie Smith was captured on 7 February 1862 by the brig Bohio near the mouth of the Mississippi River as she attempted to run the blockade. Dispatched to Key West for condemnation by the prize court, she was bought by the Navy and renamed Eugenie on 22 April 1862. She was fitted out as a guard ship for the port at Key West, and placed in the command of Acting Master S. F. Holbrook. She continued as the guard ship until sold in November 1864.
The blockade runner Eugenie, purchased on 9 July 1863 by the Navy from the Key West prize court, was renamed Glasgow (q.v.)