(SP: l. 68'; b. ll'S"; dr. 4'9"; s. 9 k.; cpl. 9)
Ensign (No. 1051), a motorboat free leased to the Navy, was commissioned on 17 September 1917, Boatswain W. C. Mills, USNRF, in command, and assigned to the 3d Naval District where she performed net patrol duty in New York harbor until May 1918. On 14 June she arrived at Detroit, Mich., where she joined the section patrol in the 9th Naval District. Following decommissioning, she was returned to her owner on 30 January 1919.