Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval History and Heritage Command homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORY AND HERITAGE COMMAND
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Elithro II

 

Former name retained.

 

Elithro II (No. 15), a motorboat free leased to the Navy, was placed in service on 26 December 1917 and assigned to the 3d Naval District. She performed intermittent plane guard duty at the Naval Coastal Air Station, Rockaway Beach, Long Island, N.Y. until returned to her owner on 18 December 1918.