Former names retained.
(AK: dp. 7,160; l. 338'; b. 46'2"; dr. 21'6"; s. 9 k.; a. 1 5", 1 3")
The second Edith (No. 3459) was acquired by the Navy from the Shipping Board and commissioned on 1 October 1918, Lieutenant Commander W. E. Briggs, USNRF, in command.
On 1 November she sailed for Nantes, France, with a cargo of ammunition and trucks. Returning to New York on 12 December, she loaded cargo destined for South America, discharging a portion at Bahia, and the remainder at Rio de Janeiro. At Santos, Brazil, she took on sugar cane for delivery to New Orleans; however, engine trouble caused her to complete the trip under tow by USS Potomac.
Edith was decommissioned on 18 May 1919 and returned to her owner.