Former name retained.
(AM: l. 162'9"; b. 26'6"; s. 12 k.; cpl. 37; a. 1 3-pdr.)
East Hampton (No. 573) was built in 1913 by Cobb and Butler, Rockland, Maine; purchased by the Navy 18 April 1917; and commissioned 8 May 1917, Lieutenant John O'Brien, USNRF, in command.
Assigned to the 1st Naval District East Hampton was employed in minesweeping and patrol, icebreaking and general towing. During June-August 1918 she escorted submarine chasers to Bermuda and the Azores, then resumed duty in the 1st Naval District. In January 1919 she was fitted out as a lightship, serving in that capacity at Middle Bank and Stillwagon Bank until May. She was decommissioned 2 December 1919 and sold 14 June 1920.