Former name retained.
Don Marquis (IX-215) was launched by the California Shipbuilding Corporation, Los Angeles, Calif.; on 23 August 1943. She was acquired and placed in service by the Navy on 31 May 1945. She was employed as dry floating storage in the Pacific until returned to the War Shipping Administration on 28 November 1945. Don Marquis was stricken from the Navy Register on 5 June 1946.