The well-known flower, common in the United States and Europe.
(Tug: t. 50; l. 73'4"; b. 13'10"; dr. 6'; s. 10 k.)
Mulford, a steam tug, was built in 1850 at Chicago, III., and acquired by the War Department for use in the Mississippi River and its tributaries early in the Civil War. She was transferred to the Navy 1 October 1862 and renamed Daisy 24 October. Her former commanding officer, Master D. C. Bowers, U. S. Army, was appointed an Acting Ensign in the Navy and continued in command. Daisy served actively as a tug in the upper Mississippi until the end of the war when she was taken to Mound City, III. She was sold there 17 August 1865.