(SwStr: t. 219)
St. Francis No. 3, built at Jeffersonville, Ind., in 1858, served as an Army transport in western waters. In April 1862, while commanded by Captain Clendening she participated in a cotton burning expedition to prevent the capture and use of the valuable product by the Federals. Records of early 1863 indicate that she had been outfitted with cotton-cladding. St. Francis No. 3 was lost in 1863.