(SwStr: t. ; l. 225'; b. 24'; dph. 11'; dr. 6'; cl. Curlew)
Snipe was the last ship christened in what may have been the only quadruple launching for the Confederate Navy. She was Hull No. 180 in the Jones, Quiggin yard at Liverpool on order for Comdr. J. D. Bulloch, CSN, and launched with her sisters the same day in 1865. Her completion could hardly have taken place before the war's close.