(SwStr: t. ; l. 225'; b. 24'; dph. 11'; dr. 6'; cl. Curlew)
Plover was one of four sisters ordered for the Confederate Navy in Great Britain by Comdr. J. D. Bulloch, CSN, in 1864. The quarto was launched the same day in 1865 at Jones, Quiggin & Co., Liverpool. Plover was Hull No. 178, second in the series. It is doubtful thatany of them were finished in time to serve the Confederacy.