(SwStr: t. 1,063; l. 240'; b. 30'; dph. 13'; dr. 10'; cl. Albatross)
Penguin was built in Liverpool for Fraser, Trenholm & Co., as secret agents for the Confederacy and was negotiated by Comdr. J. D. Bulloch, CSN. She was Lairds No. 320, from the Birkenhead yard early in 1865, but probably never reached the Southern States before war's end.