(SwStr: t. 353; l. 172'; b. 34'; dph. 6'6")
Paul Jones, built in 1855 at McKeesport, Pa., served as a Confederate transport in the Mississippi, Yazoo, and Red Rivers until she was lost in 1863.
One of her last details was helping Grand Era to raise Indianola in early March 1863. She last appears "at Allen's Mills in a disabled condition" with Anna Perette on the 19th.
A century later, her remains, lashed to Charm, are now visible sometimes at low water, since the river has taken a new course.