(SwStr: t. 157)
Osceola was built in 1858 at Louisville, Ky., and passed to Confederate control in 1861. She was reported by USS La Fayette to be in the river above Alexandria, La., on 30 May 1863, On 18 March 1864, Lt. W. E. Marshall, Engineer Troops, was ordered to proceed in Osceola from Shreveport to the vicinity of Coushatta Chute where the steamer New Falls City lay. He was to fill New Falls City with dirt and rock for stable ballast, and hold her in readiness to be sunk on approach of the Federals to block passage in the Red River, at the foot of Scopern's Cut-off.
Osceola, a fishing smack which sailed under Confederate papers, was captured by USS New London on 9 December 1861 near Cat Island Passage in Mississippi Sound. She may not have been a public vessel.