(Gbt: t. 234; dr. 2'; a. 1 24-pdr., 1 12-pdr.)
Mary Hill was a side-wheel steamer built in 1859 at Smithfield, Tex., and operated out of Galveston. She was chartered by Comdr. W. W. Hunter, CSN, for service with the Texas Marine Department [See Annex III] and outfitted as a cotton-clad gunboat. She served during the entire war as a transport, look-out, and guard ship in Texas coastal regions, principally from Matagorda Bay to Galveston.