(StGbt: l. 150'; b. 25'; dph. 10'; dr. 8'; a. 6 guns)
CSS Macon, a wooden steamer formerly named Ogeechee, was fitted out at Savannah, Ga., early in 1864, with Lt. J. S. Kennard, CSN, in command. In June her name was changed to Macon and on 3 August she was reported ready for duty, although still lacking a full complement. Savannah capitulated on 21 December and 3 days later Macon departed for Augusta, Ga., where she remained until the end of the war.