J. D. Swaim
(SwStr: t. 350; l. 150'6"; b. 30'; dph. 6')
J. D. Swaim, also known as J. D. Swain and Swaim, a steamboat of New Orleans, was built at Jeffersonville, Ind., in 1859. She was taken into Confederate service and sunk sometime in 1862 in the mouth of McCall’s River where Union forces raised her early in April 1864. Considered a fine prize, she was used thereafter as a Union transport.