(SwStr: t. 454; l.191'; b. 28'; dph. 9'; cpl. 60 (as pvtr.); 1 8". 1 32-pdr. r., 2 24-pdr. brass how.)
CSS Ivy, formerly El Paraguay, was commissioned 16 May 1861 at New Orleans as the Confederate privateer V. H. Ivy, Capt N. B. Baker. She was purchased later in the year by the Navy, renamed Ivy and placed under the command of Lt. J. Fry, CSN.
On 12 October 1861 she joined in attacking the Federal blockading squadron lying at the Head of the Passes in the Mississippi River and achieved notable success with her long range gun and maneuverability. Ivy remained active in the lower Mississippi until May 1863 when she was destroyed by her officers near Liverpool Landing in the Yazoo River in order to foil plans for her capture.