Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval History and Heritage Command homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORY AND HERITAGE COMMAND
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Island City

 

(SwStr:t. 245)

 

Island City, owned by the Texas Marine Department, was used as a supply boat in Galveston Bay and tributaries from 1863 through the end of the war. [See Annex III].