(SwStr: t. 410; a. 2 guns)
George Page, built as a transport at Washington, D.C., in 1853, was attached to the Quartermaster's Department of the United States Army, until captured by the Confederates at nearby Aquia Creek, Va., in May 1861. Acquired by the Confederate States Navy, George Page, Lt. C. C. Simms, CSN, was fitted out for river defense service, and sometime later renamed City of Richmond. Her upper works may have been removed at this time.
She operated in the Potomac in the vicinity of Quantico Creek until 9 March 1862 when she was destroyed by her crew upon abandonment of the Evansport batteries at that place.