(Yacht: t. ca. 8; l. 26'; b. 11')
Fanny Morgan was a very fast sailboat loaned to the Confederate government by her owner W. H. Beazley, who remained on board as her captain. She was accepted for the Confederate service on 22 October 1861 by Acting Master P. F. Appel, CSN, commanding the Confederate steamer Bayou City, and was ordered fitted out for service by Comdr. W. W. Hunter, CSN, commanding naval defenses on the coast of Texas. Fanny Morgan served as a guard and dispatch boat off Galveston, Tex., and was part of the Texas Marine Department [See Annex III].