Era No. 3
(Str: t. 144; l. 129'; b. 28'4"; dph. 4'4")
Era No. 3, built at Freedom, Pa., in 1858, for service out of New Orleans, became a unit of Comdr. W. Hunter's Texas Marine Department. [See Annex III]. She was one of 25 light draft ships that patrolled rivers and coastal waters and carried troops and supplies for the State of Texas. Her operations were largely on the Brazos River, between Columbia and Velasco.