Edward J. Gay
(SwStr: t. 823)
Edward J. Gay, known also as E. J. Gay, was built at St. Louis, Mo., in 1859 and impressed into Confederate States service on 1 February 1863 for duty with Commodore Brown's fleet. The Union expedition up the Yazoo River caused her to be scuttled and burned in July 1863 to obstruct the Yalobusha River and avoid capture.