(SwStr: t. 184)
Dew Drop, built at Cincinnati, Ohio, in 1858, was used by Confederate army forces in western waters. Early in May 1863 she was ordered to transport commissary stores up the Sunflower River. While so engaged knowledge came of approaching Federal gunboats and on 30 May 1863 she was burned to the water's edge to prevent capture. Union forces led by volunteer Lt. G. W. Brown later effected her complete destruction.