(SwStr: t. 939; l. 268'; b. 42'; dph. 8'9")
Clara Dolsen was "a magnificent river steamer" in which half interest was owned by Bart Able and Albert Pearce of St. Louis. She was built in 1861 at Cincinnati, Ohio. Used in the service of the Confederate States out of Memphis, Tenn., she was captured by Federal ships of the St. Charles Expedition on the White River, 14 June 1862. Later she operated with the Union army and eventually as USS Clara Dolsen (frequently written Dolson).